Oddly enough, sometimes beautiful places and fun adventures are just sort of stumbled upon. Today, Sari, the kids and I took my canoe down to the Souris river just to see what we could see. As it turned out, we saw a lot! Three and half hours later - after exploring 3 different parts of the river - and after seeing frogs, fish, a couple of muskrats, a Blue heron, a couple of hawks and who knows how many turtles - we arrived back at our starting point. Who knew that the river was so nice? Who knew stuff like this exists in Estevan? Warm day, calm water, lots to see and fun together - what could be better? :)





5 comments:
I love these pictures and this adventure! You'll find me some day exploring that river. Looks beautiful.
Do I recognize that canoe?
I bet you do recognize it, Berta - but... Sssshhhh... don't tell Bob! ;)
I have been indefinitely storing it for him. I believe his last words (when I tried to give it back to him) were "I know where it is if I want it" Crazy guy! :)
Those lovely young girls are beautiful grandchildren and I am so very glad they are getting to canoe. Their Grandpa Dave used to canoe on the Assiniboine River with his friend Ralph Jacobs. I have only been in a canoe a few times, timid soul that I am...
Hey you need to come canoeing with me sometime! There are some beautiful places up here too. One of the most fun was canoeing up to Grey Owl's Cabin up north - very cool. LaWanda
Post a Comment