Monday, June 08, 2009

Track and Field day

Track and Field is always a fun day..... for the parents anyway. Go to the school. Hang out. Visit. Eat too many hot dogs. Laugh as the kids work themselves silly...... it is a great time! Made even better this year by the fact that Sari works there, so we were "Insiders" (get to eat the good snacks in the staff room, crank music over the school's intercom just because). Too many pictures to post, but here are a few........



Half way through the day I hear the loud speaker saying, "Mr. Pippus, please report to the 100 meter dash". Turns out they decided to have a "Men's race" - all the teachers and whatever Dads they could talk into it. I won't tell you who won...... but let me just say, "HA! 40.... years.... old!!!! Take that!!!!!!" :)

Let me also say that my legs still hurt three days later. :) I always think, "Stretch!!??? I am too young to have to stretch!" Then after stuff like that I think, "Man I am so old! I should have stretched!"

1 comment:

Jen Mooney said...

Nice to see pics of your lives. I was actually going to ask you to post some of track and field. Oh - and way to go you old geezer :)