
Some weekends you lie around in the sun, reading and doing nothing.... this was not that weekend! First of all, it was not sunny and, secondly, we did not lie around.
It started on Thursday night when I took a whole winter's worth of junk to the dump. It was free dump week - and who can resist "free" right?
Friday I went and helped some new people at church (Russ and Donna) move from their apartment to their new house. I think that every preaching course should contain a few semesters dedicated to "Heavy Lifting" and "The proper use of furniture carts", because in my 20 years of preaching, I think I have helped 869045689489078 people move. Not that I am complaining.... in fact this was sort of fun. About 6 guys showed up to help - which was nice. Then too, we were moving them from the top of a three story building to a house - not the other way around. Coming down the stairs is the much nicer proposition. It was quick, a good work out and a good visit some good friends. All in all, a nice day (even the rain was good - cooled us off).
The next day, Sari and the girls went to help one of our other friends wipe down the walls of their new house so that they can move in next weekend. While there were gone, I went to the lumber yard and bought enough wood to start framing out my old work room in the basement of the house so that it can become Katelyn's bedroom. I also ran around town buying shots and nails for my Hilti gun (the thing that uses 22 shells to blow nails into a concrete floor - that is about the best part of framing). After that, I started some demolition in the room (some of the original framing was done with econo studs and it was all out of line/out of square etc). Not sure when I will get done, but I least it is a start.
That night we started moving things around in the garage (to accommodate a bunch of the things that were taken out of the work room). In that process, I decided to hang a bunch of my Nascar stuff on the walls in the garage (instead of just leaving it in bags where no one can see it). I will post pictures of it sometime - I think it looks nice.
Today - three sessions at church - our annual "High school Graduation lunch" (a chance to honour kids we know who are graduating - give them a Bible - say some nice things to them - etc) - a counseling session after evening Bible study for an hour..... all good stuff - but a busy weekend.
In there too I found time to watch some hockey, some racing, "City Slickers" (it was on TV - still funny!)...... so don't feel too bad for us..... it was not all work! :)
PS. I am losing in my family hockey pool but I am second in the radio station one. For me to move up in the family pool I need the guys in the radio pool to lose (and vice versa). I am very conflicted!
No comments:
Post a Comment