So I am having a busy week. I am arranging a funeral for one the elderly ladies from church... she hasn't died yet - but if she criticizing my sermons.... (ba dump bump! Thank you... I am here until Tuesday) :)
No - actually I really am doing a funeral tomorrow. It will be an easy one (if there is such a thing) because this lady left lots of nice things to say about her.... but the week is busy - and lonely. Sari and the kids are in Dauphin. I was too until Saturday when I came back to the camp so that I could speak at Clearview's 50th anniversary party. I rode my motorcycle up to Dauphin and back... beautiful weather..... 987 kms..... it was great! But none of that is the purpose of this post.
The reason I am writing this is to share with you what was possibly the most stupid conversation I have ever heard. It went like this.....
I was sitting outside of "Subway" at Clear Lake waiting for Sari and girls to come out. In front of me at one of the picnic tables sat a man and a woman - both of whom in the 40ish age group. She is telling some story about some friend of hers (I know this because I am "evestroughing" - as Ian Muirhead used to say). His contribution to the conversation is laughing like "Butthead" (or was it "Beavis" - I don't know... I never watched that show) from "Beavis and Butthead". Seriously, every three seconds - no matter if what she said was funny or not - "huh huh huh" (or some sound like that.... insert the stupidest laugh you have ever heard right here).
Anyway - after she is done regaling him with this story about her friend's new perm - he looks around and (in a sufficiently "Beavis" sounding voice) asks, "Which way is north? I am always confused when I am here." The wife/girlfriend/whatever says, "I don't know. I never know my directions anywhere" (SURPRISE!!!!)
By now the approximately twenty year old apparent daughter of the wife/girlfriend has arrived and has heard the question and says, "Well it is just after noon and the sun is over there (pointing at the sun)..... so that is south. That means that (pointing east) is east and that (pointing west) is west and so that (you guessed it) is north"
Then Beavishead asks the question of the day..... "Ah ..... Huh huh.... like ok... the sun is in the south.... but how do you know that (pointing east) is east? I mean.... how do you know whether the sun started over there (pointing east) and is going over there (pointing west) or whether it started over there (west) and is heading that way (east)?"
Now I am no astronomy major or anything.... but I am pretty sure that UNLESS YOU HAVE ACCIDENTALLY CHANGED HEMISPHERES the sun generally moves from your left to your right when you are looking at it!!!!!
I am not sure how he even found his way to Clear Lake much less the "Subway" (maybe he came on one of the tour buses - Thus begging the question "How did he find the tour bus?" .... but that becomes a entirely different discussion).
I kept waiting for him to poke himself in the eye with his sub while trying to eat it (I would have put money on that happening next), but to my dismay they left before that happened.
Just goes to show that you can be entertained anywhere as long as you learn to be a discreet evestrougher.
No comments:
Post a Comment