Saturday, October 25, 2014

Montana motorcycle Pics

In early September, my brother (aka "Lenny") and I spent a week riding through Montana and Idaho.  It was cold and we had a few issues (see posts below), but I still got a few pictures.  Here is a sampling of some things that will make me smile when it is -40 in January.

Motel in Miles City.... our first night on the road (and the parking lot where I ran over my glasses.  Again, if you missed that story, see posts below)

 




When we realized it was going to be too cold and rainy to ride "Yellowstone National Park", we dropped down into Idaho and went to "Craters of the Moon National Monument".  Very interesting!  Old lava flows... caves... huge rocks.... crazy!




 A Lenny in his natural habitat.... a flea bag, smelly, cheap motel room (at least this is his natural habitat when he is touring with me..... I wish you could have smelled most of them... think less "daisies" and more "rotting mouse flesh")


 Motel in Deer Lodge, Montana.  The "Old Montana State Prison" here is very cool.

Virginia City and Nevada City are two old "Ghost towns/tourist traps" - most of the shops were closed but is was still a good place to stop too
 



And - again - the glasses that I broke and then zip-tied and duct taped onto the frames of some magnifying glasses that I bought.  Rode through most of Montana like this (story below).  These are now in the "Pippus Brothers Bike Trip Museum" (aka a shelf in my garage.  They will make a good sermon illustration of something some day)

4 comments:

jerms said...

just came across these bike trip stories. sounds about right! and looks like a blast!

TKP said...

It was fun... in a "beat yourself in the beat with a hammer and then it is fun when you stop" sort of way. :)

Thanks for the comment!

Lenny said...

Okay after seeing these again I am READY TO GO AGAIN !!!!

TKP said...

If we went right now it would be warmer than when we were there so.... :)