It started Friday night when Sari mentioned that the drain under the kitchen sink was leaking. When I took it apart to check it everything fell apart! The basket part was all rusted as was the pipe leading to the trap. You could literally break it into little pieces with your fingers. A quick trip to Canadian Tire solved nothing as they didn't not have what I wanted, so it was off to Home Hardware in the morning.
Long story short, I ended up changing everything from the strainer to the drain (the trap, the pipes, etc), I usually HATE plumbing.... I would rather do electrical or construction or anything thing else any time.... but this ended up working out well so that was good.
Megan's weekend mostly consisted of working..... and she would tell you that while it was "ok" and "good" it was not that interesting (No good stories to tell).
After the plumbing problem was fixed, Sara and Katie spent most of the day doing this.....
So that is nice! Megan got home and helped and I contributed by eating cookie dough!
Then today after church we had a "Hot Pot Luck" meal and people were encouraged to invite someone who could use a meal or just some friendship, Several people came out and it was a really nice time.
Then I jumped in a car and headed to Weyburn for a camp board meeting which turned out to be better than I expected.
Back home by 5:30. Then we ate quickly and headed off to the "Rotary Carol Festival" which was really nice. Here is our "Carol Festival Selfie" (We are much happier about being there than it looks.... I was trying to take the picture without anyone really noticing so that is what happy looks like when you are in spy mode).
So there you go! A weekend in our life. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment