Friday, December 30, 2016

A Weird Year Ends Weirdly

Many have been saying that 2016 has been the worst year ever.  I don't know if it has been that bad (think world wars, the Great Depression, etc), but it has been weird.

For example, our house got flooded in a huge July rain storm.... I got blown off a highway and into a ditch in North Dakota while on my motorcycle (I still have PTSD symptoms every time the wind blows now)..... and, in the past 2 weeks, all the snow in the universe has been dumped in Estevan.

But the topper....... one of the furnaces at the church building quit last week.

Ok - that is not a big shocker.  Furnaces quit.  The interesting part is why it quit.

A bat flew down the air intake, landed on the circuit board and fried himself short circuiting the entire thing.

When the plumber came to check things out, he found a perfectly persevered bat - stiff as a board - looking at him.

A bat!

I am not sure what this means, or what it has to do with anything else, but it just seemed like the appropriate ending to a very odd year.

No comments: