Friday, January 19, 2007

Makeover Madness

When you are stuck indoors for weeks at a time one begins to look around and say "yuck". For the last week or so Tim has been working away at projects that have been sitting here for a while. It is actually a great hobby to divert the brain away from the everyday and challenge it to dream of how something could look finished. Now for all you husbands out there who are thinking that I just cracked the whip and the Tim is working, this is all done and begun under his own steam..no prodding or nagging. Now nagging does happen but not about this getting done. I am pretty sure the project itself has been doing most of the nagging for me. I am planning to get some painting done this weekend too. The lime green walls of the basement while fun are just a little much. So I would take before and after pictures but maybe you will just have to come and see for yourselves. While we may get finished, I doubt it will be the end, as a change around here is as good as a move. Nothing like a little paint to change the view. Maybe I could paint a beach with palm trees...I am missing summer just a touch. Today is the first full day of sunshine we have seen in about 30 so we have been out in -20 weather soaking it up. I'll take the sun any way I can get it. Well I am off to pick up the paint and get started. Stop by to see the changes when you can.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't painting so... much fun! Paul thinks I'm absolutely crazy! He hates painting where I on the other hand find it relaxing, rejuvinating and exciting all at once. Ah... change is good. I know we're on the same page there. Looking forward in seeing the finished project. Crystal

Anonymous said...

"It is actually a great hobby to divert the brain away from the everyday and challenge it to dream of how something could look finished."

Dream ? Dream ?? I thought Tim had a strict No dreaming policy !!:-)

Laurie said...

I think you should post some pics for those of us that aren't able to stop by and see!

We have some crazy projects going on at our place. Our preacher hubbies can sure prove themselves through these projects hey! (not at all down playing their jobs!!) Although, I think Rolland is fairly sore because he just isn't used to all the physical work! :)

Have fun with the painting!
I must admit, a beach and palm trees theme would be so much fun! I LOVE palm trees~ when we were in california last year, I kept taking pictures of the palm trees! :)