So, it is happening!!! After many years of being nothing but big talkers, Lenny (otherwise known as my brother Kurt) and I are going to a NASCAR race in Charlotte, North Carolina.We have tickets to Cup qualifying, the Busch race and the Cup race. Our hotel is within a mile of the speedway and is near all the race shops. The race shop tours are going to be cool. They are huge and really interesting. You get to watch the cars being built, most of them have museums and stuff like that as well.
As I said, this is something that we have talked about doing for years and the time has come (Well - actually my wife told me "The time has come, stupid!" - though she did not add the "stupid" part - and she actually said "Happy Birthday" but I know what she meant!) :)
Now we just have to decide how we are getting there. Do we pay the big bucks and fly down like adults, or do we do the "Planes, trains and automobiles" version of the trip and drive 30 + hours??? Is the cost saving worth the grueling marathon trip or not? Or is the trip 1/2 the fun (think of the memories.... "Lenny, remember the time that we fell asleep and almost ran into that bridge abutment??? Or the time we felt like throwing up because we had been in the car all day, every day, living on McDonalds and Gas Station food for three straight days??? Or how about the time that we fought all the way across Indiana????" (Could be Good times, huh?) :) I am taking a pole to see which way we should go - so please leave your comment below (Also please note that every vote for "Flying" must be accompanied by a $50 bill to help offset the cost. Check that - make it $100 - it is a long, expensive flight!)
What could be more fun than a week in the southern states, looking at race shops and 800 horsepower stock cars? I can't think of anything much better! :)
2 comments:
I vote for flying!!! The cheque is in the mail....hahaha!
Pay for it, you'll be glad you did! Dig deep Tim, Dig Deep, I know you can!!!
This is your dream come true. Enjoy it! Happy for you. Crystal
I say drive, because I remember one of your sermons from way back in the day, Which would you rather have, a rusted out car with a nice engine, or a nice car with no engine. maybe it has nothing to do with flying or driving, but just drive.
Post a Comment