So - the decision you all have been waiting for has been made.......
But, before I reveal the answer to the question "Flying or Driving" - I must say that I am shocked that not more of you took the opportunity to vote on this burning issue.... our forefathers gave their lives so that you could have the right to vote and what did you with their gift????? Nothing - that is what! Well - Crystal and Ben voted - but only Crystal actually acknowledged the $100 voting fee - and that was the important part (the cheque is in the mail, right? I mean, it has been a few days now and I have not seen it yet. I guess the cold weather is delaying its arrival, right?)
Well - after much debate and many long hours - we booked airline tickets today!!!! So, that is it. No turning back now. Flights, hotels room, rental car - all locked in. There is no way out now (Well, I guess I could just refuse to go - all this stuff is on Lenny's credit card after all) :)
The only bad part now is that if every decision that we make on this trip is as hard to come to as the "Fly or drive" question - Lenny and I are going to spend the entire eight days standing on some street corner in downtown Charlotte going, "I don't know! Which way do you want to go? We could go left.... or right. Left looks nice - but right has its advantages. Maybe you should go left and I will go right and then......." :)
The problem is (I think) that we are both being too nice (believe it or not). We are trying to consider how our decisions will effect others (like our wives). We are trying to be considerate of what the other brother wants to see or do and how much money he may want to spend.
I don't expect that to last! :)
Decisions will come much more quickly as soon as we start tapping into our "Pippus rage" - they may not be the best decisions (in fact, I can almost guarantee that!) but they will come fast. No more mamby pamby "What do you want?" - "I don't know - what do you like?" stuff!!!! What are we.... girls?????
So - I expect that now that we have that "niceness" thing out of the way - things will go much more smoothly.
I am getting excited now that we have a plan!!! I just need a few of you to come through with your $25 "reading my blog" fee and I will be set!!!! (I don't care whether you knew I was charging for my blog or not!!!! Unless you can completely erase from your memory every word you have just read - you owe me $25!)
Thank you in advance for your patronage! :) TKP
8 comments:
Pippus rage ?? Pippus rage ?? I know nothing of this rage!!! Well there was the broke hockey stick over someone's head that required 42 stitches, the broken arm after someone tripped someone else or the time someone got shoved through the gyprock wall. But other than that ......
And come to think of it I was an innocent bystander or a victim of each of the above mention episodes!!!
As for difficulties making decisions, even standing around on street corner IN THE HEART OF STOCK CAR COUNTRY doesn't sound bad to me :-)
See - there you go! It is that sort of whining, cry baby attitude that gets you into trouble Lenny!!
No one would hit you over the head with a hockey stick, push you through gyprock walls, or break your sister's arm (I am not really sure how this fits in - but lets go with it) if you learned to keep your mouth shut and weren't so yappy!
It is going to be a fun trip! :)
PS. You obviously read my blog - so I am deducting $25 from what I owe you (blog reading fee!)
My blog costs $50 (It has been in existence longer)...Since yours costs $25...you technically owe me $25 dollars...So I will be awaiting your envelope. I have not planned what I will do with the money but I am sure I will dream up something great!! Oh and I know where you live:):) hehe
Ps. sounds exciting, have fun(the trip I mean!)
tata
Ps I know you have read my blog due to past comments
What???? That is extortion, Trinda!!! It is wrong!!!!
Tell you what. Just to prove that I am the bigger person here - I will pay you the $25 I owe you.
However, I will do it by giving you by giving you (and everyone else) $25 extra length on my sermons for the next month!
And since I am not really sure how much that is worth - I will just round it up to an even 2 hours extra each week! :)
I will also tell the congregation ahead of time so that they can thank you in person themselves! ;)
all over a blog...hehe
I'm sure the extra length will be fine...we all like you!!
T
Timmy,
Congrats on your upcoming trip! That is very exciting! Enjoy!
P.S. Good move on the flying. You won't regret it!
At the rate this Blog is being updated lately ... or rather not being updated you may have to start paying people to come check it !! As far as deducting the $25.00 from what you owe me, I am sitting here thinking I have 2 tickets to a nearly sold out event, I wonder what they would be worth on E-Bay :)
Post a Comment