I had a life changing experience yesterday. I ...... faith-healed my water cooler!
Yep - I know! Sounds stupid, doesn't it? But consider the source and hang with me for a moment.
It all started when I was just a gleam in my mother's eye... but we don't have to go back that far, so.....
Last week our water cooler died, so I did the only logical thing that any sane, Canadian male would do - I pouted! After that, I did the second thing that any sane, Canadian male would do - I tore it apart. I took out the circuit board - checked the transistors with my multi-tester - wiggled things around - I even did the "tried and true" fix of yelling at it and hitting things (my dad taught me that one!) - the result: Nothing! Dead as a doorknob! So for the last week we have been drinking room temperature water as the water jug drained down.
Last night, we had some friends coming for supper and we began to debate what to do with the water cooler. We had not bought a new one yet (One of us - I won't say which one - is quite cheap!!!), so we decided that the time had come to toss it outside in the trash - and then it happened!!
I know that I should be more serious and less stupid most of the time - but this time I could not help myself - so I said to Sari, "Before we take it out - I want to try to faith-heal it". She gave me one of those looks (I am surprised that she has not tired of that look yet - because I am starting to) and in my very best southern drawl, fake preacher voice, I laid my hands it and said......
"Oh Lord! You know how much we loved this water cooler.... and if you could just see it in your heart to bring it back to life - we would be forever grateful! Heal this water cooler!!"
I plugged it in - turned it on - and we have been drinking ice cold water ever since! :) (I realize that it is not exactly a "Water into wine" sort of miracle - but it was impressive to say the least!)
So I am considering a new line of work - I may open a "Small appliance Faith healing repair shop" - you know - start with blenders, maybe a hairdryer or two - maybe I can work my way up to waffle irons!!! :)
Its either that or just charge people for looking at my "miracle cooler".....
You each now owe me $5!!! (At this rate, I will collect enough to replace this one when it dies again). :)
4 comments:
Once again Tim, you have brought our family to tears....literally. Once again, you have brightened our day.
Tim, you are thinking too small with this sort of thing! Think TELEVISION!!! Think of how many water coolers you could reach with mass media! You have a gift.
Okay, so you must have recently acquired these special powers, since I seem to recall a few months ago a certain water cooler at my house that you and your brother attempted to raise from the dead without any success at all! I guess the success in this case was the fact that you both walked away without being zapped (as we know from past experience has happened when the two of you got the notion to "fix" something electrical)! Well done, Oh Great One!
P.S. I may have to post the pictures of your attempt on our blog sometime!
Tracy
hehe. Faith healing. I might just pay you $5 too see that. Too funny. Later
Post a Comment