I now have 2 reasons to consider myself a "real biker".
First, last week I left the safe confines of the city and did my first road trip (until now, I was convinced that my 500 cc bike was too light to be very safe or comfortable on the highway). It was great! Lots of fun! I am looking forward to more highway rides.
More importantly, the second reason, I had a run in with "the law" today! I was leaving the church building when I saw Skip Hill coming down the road. He was pointing like he wanted me to turn around, so I quickly shot down the back alley, through the parking lot and met Skip at the front of the building. Turned out that he needed a key to get in. That is when we saw them - "The Fuzz"!
A cop car sitting in the driveway behind my motorcycle. Skip asked, "What did you do?" and I said, "I don't know. Maybe I did not signal when I turned into the alley". So I went up to them, said "hi" and they asked if that was my bike. I told them that it was and they asked "Do you have a license?" I produced license and registration and they said, "We saw you veer off the road and down the alley when you saw us coming, so we thought that you must be driving an unlicensed bike". Skip and I laughed, told them the real story and they said "Have a nice day".
So there you go - it is true.....
"The Man" is always hassling the innocent, good, nice, "never causing any trouble" biker dudes! :)
On the good side - my "brush with the law" should give me some much needed "street cred" with the Harley boys down the block!!! Now I can put off getting that tattoo for while! :)
4 comments:
oh Tim - you are SO COOL now :)
I KNOW!!!
Wait a minute - "SO COOL... now". What do you mean by "NOW"????
I assume you mean to write "EVEN MORE cool now" - right? :)
I always thought you looked a little sketchy too - no wonder they pulled you over! As Winnie the pooh said - They all thought I was a train nabber I didn't want to disapoint them. Now who's cool.
What I meant was - so biker cool bad guy scary cool. There are a lot of type's of cool out there. It's like the badges the boy scouts get. Now you have another "variety of cool" badge :)
Better?
Post a Comment