Monday, June 11, 2007

Storm chasing - TKP

We had tornado warnings here today as well as a "sighting" out by Torquay - just west of here. So in the grand Pippus tradition of doing things that are just slightly stupid - I threw the kids and Sari in the truck to go and see the storm (one of the three was not as excited about this turn of events as the others - I will leave you to fill in that blank with your own imagination though) :)

I mean - come on - how many times do you get to see a twister in real life??????

Not to worry though - we stayed a long, long way back and in the end..... nothing! No funnel clouds. No flying cows. Hardly a drop of rain. Lots of dark clouds and some good lightening and thunder - but that was it.

Stupid Environment Canada Weather Warnings!! All the interesting weather misses us! :(

(Of course those last two lines are written "tongue in cheek" - I am not actually wishing to be in a tornado, taking them lightly, or trying to call down a curse upon myself - just for the record!)

1 comment:

Davis Family said...

Oddly enough this story included a vehicle too!