Friday, February 13, 2009

Chick or Dude

So I am shopping downtown yesterday, come out of a store, look up and ask myself, "This person who is coming in - is that a chick or a dude?"

In my opinion, that is a bad question to ever have to ask, so I have a solution.

When I get elected Prime Minister, I am going to bring in a law that says that all women must wear "Elizabethan-type gowns" and high heels everywhere they go (they will get bonus points for long hair too).

Now, I have stated this for years and have had some questions thrown my way, so let me clear up the confusion before it starts.....

1. What about winter? Answer: What about it? Winter does not override the law. You still have to follow the speed limit - winter or summer - right?

2. What constitutes "Elizabethan type gowns"? Think "Prom dress" or some long bridesmaid's dresses (only nice enough that you would want to wear it again). Better yet, think "colourful Wedding dress" - that should get you started down the right path.

3. What about the guys? If women have to dress in gowns, do men have to dress formally too? My answer: Why not? With my job I am in semi-formal attire most of the time anyway and with my thinning hair a top hat may be a good deal - so I say "sure".

Think of how pretty everyone would look! Now I will grant to you that gowns and High heels may be difficult in snow like we had here last week (25 cm) but as the old saying goes, "Beauty is painful"! :)

One day you will never have to ask, "Chick or dude" again - thanks to me! :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you should wear this ridiculous outfit

Anonymous said...

No - I don't want to go that far bacl. A little too "frilly" - would bring up the whole "Chick or dude" thing again! :)

Anonymous said...

Ok how about
this one then

Anonymous said...

I don't even want to ask where you found a picture like that! :)

Anonymous said...

Hehe..I blame it all on Justin.

:)

KTPippus said...

I'm pretty sure this is why the song "Dude Looks Like a Lady" came to be! Looking at the beautiful frilly outfit in the first link made me think of "But I don't wanna be a pirate!" when Jerry Seinfeld promised to wear that frilly shirt on the Tonight Show. So what's wrong with that?

Anonymous said...

At least it is green - it has that going for it. :)