Sunday, February 08, 2009

Working, Pools, Hockey and a Road Trip

Most of Friday and Saturday was spent working on the garage - fixing last little things that did not get done earlier - returning ladders and stuff to Skip - taking leftover wood to the dump - etc - etc. Nice to get some of that stuff done. Then Sari and I started organizing it, bringing stuff out of my work room in the basement (Apparently I have been buying stuff for a garage for years - I am going to need to build on to this one to get everything in). It looks really good and is starting to get organized and usable (as opposed to everything just being crammed in there) - I will post pictures later in the week.

Changed oil in the snow blower while it was nice too - so it is ready for the next big storm. Hopefully that is in like November. :)

Friday night we took the kids swimming - that was a lot of fun. Swimming is something that sounds like a lot of work to get ready for (somehow) and then none of us wants to go when it is cold outside - but we always have fun when we do it. Pool was a little packed, but it was still fun. I always like sitting in the hot tub looking out the windows at the snow - seems odd to me in a nice way (And I can still do a front flip off the diving board - so I am not OLD yet..... he keeps telling himself)

Saturday night I took the kids to the Bruins' game against Weyburn - it was bad. We took a ton of penalties and lost 8-2. Then today (Sunday) Shady Shane, Randy Bye (Kim's husband) and I went to Weyburn for the back end of the "home and home" series. Shady has been talking about wanting to do this all winter - so this was the day. It was fun - though the Bruins lost again (5-3). I had not been in the Weyburn rink for 20 years I bet. Lots of people from Estevan there and we made a lot of noise when the Bruins were up 3-1..... not so much after that! :)

Sari and Mumpy have been sick again this weekend - head and chest colds this time (as opposed to the stomach stuff last weekend). All night long one would cough, then the other. Finally at 3:30 or so Katie yells out "Will you two quit coughing already?????" The funny thing: She claims that she does not remember doing it! The other funny thing: I wanted to yell it myself, but restrained myself (for once). Hopefully, for their sake and ours, they are getting better.

And so ends another weekend..... looking forward to Lenny and his family coming down next weekend - and the Daytona 500 too! :)

No comments: