Friday, September 03, 2010

Every Dream Starts Somewhere...

These are definitely the "Before" pictures... (well - they are the "before" pictures for MY project - they are obviously the "after" pictures of a couple of really rough previous races).... I think her name is "Valerie"..... (she seems like a Valerie to me.... but I will get back to you on that)



Now I know that she may not look like much, but she has everything you want in a good Enduro car (An Eduro race is just what it sounds like - an "Endurance race"... 150 laps or an hour and a half whichever comes first. Bumping and running into others is not just something that happens - it is encouraged)

1. She was cheap (Actually free - a lady that I know from the race track just gave it to me - can you imagine???)

2. She is a big heavy boat (Something very desirable in an Enduro car because they wet the track down a lot to keep speeds down - so you need a good "mudder")

3. She has really good tires - almost new - and two brand new ones to come.

4. A rebuilt carb

5. The rear end is welded so you have both back wheels pushing equally (posi-traction)

6. Did I mention it was free?????

I just hauled her out of patch of weeds about six miles out of town today (thanks Dennis for your help).... so the project begins. Step 1: Get it to run. Step 2: Pound out some of the dents. Step three: Cool paint job (any suggestions?). Step 4: Kick butt in the race (actually my big goal is just to be able to drive it back onto the trailer at the end of the race).

Progress reports and pictures to follow in coming days.

No comments: