Saturday, September 11, 2010

Valerie's Transformation

So Valerie (my Enduro car) continues to improve in many ways. For example....

- She does not have mice in her any more (that is always nice)

- Her gas tank is not all clogged up with disintegrating foam any more

- The gas lines are all cleaned out

- The carburetor is on

- Best of all, she runs (I even took her for a little test spin)

- And now the paint job has begun (thanks to the help of Sari, the girls, Joel and Shane)

More pics to come as we put the second coat on her, put lettering on etc.

Shady and me cleaning out the fuel tank on Tuesday night
Old decals off


3 comments:

Dorian said...

very cool any reason for green(fav color?) and what number you gonna pick?
Where you going to race?
is the car just for faster paster?

TKP said...

When I was a kid my favorite car was a green car with white roll bars - and I said if I ever built one that is what it would be too. The white stripe was Sari and the girls idea. Our number is assigned to us based on the order that you got your entry forms in (I have not put mine in yet - I wanted to make sure it would run first)- so we will see. The race is next Sunday at the track in town and this is for the "Enduro race" which is open to anyone - about 40 - 50 cars on the track last year.... Minot gets closer to 90 so we will see.

Lenny said...

Amazing how much difference a few cans of paint can make.