Monday, June 20, 2011

Flood Update

Joel and Amy are now living at our house after they and everyone else in "Willow Park Greens" were evacuated late last night. Flowed from the dams are reported to be at 650 cubic meters/sec and may still increase. Highways 18 and 47 on the south side of the city are closed. It is unreal.

So we are going back to pioneer days..... now that we do not have a basement to use we have two families (not to mention a dog and a cat) all living in 900 square - and sharing one bathroom. It is like camping.... only not. :)

I am not complaining, it is just absolutely bizarre. I just hope the water plant, the sewage plant and the power plant (they are getting low on coal b/c they cannot haul any to the plant) keep going. Things would be a lot worse if we lost one of those.... oh - and more rain on the way.

And I am not writing this to be a "fear monger" - it is just unbelievable - that is all.

No comments: