So what is up with this???????


That is what 400 cubic meters of water per second (twice the previous high amount) being released from Rafferty Dam looks like (these pics are from Paul Quilliams.... he Dennis Jocelyn and I rode motorcycles to Weyburn to a car show and stopped at the dam on the way home. I have some video that I may post tomorrow so you get the sound).The valley that was flooded is super flooding now. The trailer court in town is on evacuation alert. The village of Roche Percee has been evacuated (from what I hear) and Minot, North Dakota is not going to be pleased about this (They are flooding already). In Weyburn, we saw manhole covers being held down with sandbags as water shot out of them like a fountain.
And the worst part.... rain water is still flowing in and the dam is right at the top.... who knows what will happen next.
Dry prairies, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment