Monday, April 30, 2012

The Clip-on Sunglasses Fiasco

So I came home today wearing these........


And my wife and oldest daughter LAUGHED at me!!!! (The younger one was not around at the time)

When I explained that because I wear prescription glasses these were the only real option for me, they LAUGHED even more!!!

I began to get really mad when they said that it made me look like an old man! 

"What am I supposed to do?" I asked.  "The sun is really bright and this is the only way I can wear sunglasses"...  but my anger only increased their laughter.

This would have been really upsetting if I had been serious.  In fact, I got a new windshield put in the Alero today and the installer must have found these things stuck between the windshield and the dashboard, because when I got in the car they were sitting on the passenger's seat along with a parking lot ticket and some other junk.... so of course I had to put them on and make the girls think I had lost my mind - which, apparently, would be quite funny to them.

So now.... the big question:  In light of the fact that they did not know any better (I could have been totally serious) and yet they laughed at me any way..... how would you interpret their actions?

    A.  I should be happy to know that they love me enough to be honest - even if it hurts my feelings.

    B.  They are mean and sadistic people who like to laugh at my expense whenever they can.

   C.  They knew that I was too hip and cool to be serious about clip-on sunglasses in the first place.

   D.  Some other fourth thing.

Me.... I am hoping for "C"..... but it is likely "A"..... though I would not bet against at least a little bit of "B" thrown in there too.   :)

4 comments:

jerms said...

those things look like something Wilf would wear.

TKP said...

That is funny Jeremy! I think I have seen those on him (But don't tell my girls). :)

melissa. said...

I was going to say the same thing. I have told him they are ridiculous also, but he doesn't care. :)

Anonymous said...

B