For the past three years, every Wed night, I have been helping a really nice guy named "Juwon" practice his English.
This past week, he came in and informed me that he was moving to Edmonton.... this weekend.
I was a little shocked, but he said that he would keep in touch. In fact, he gave me his email address and told me that he would contact me and give me his new phone number. Best of all, though, he made me his "friend" on "Facebook" (Well, technically he is Sari's friend since I am not a "Facebooker").
I don't know if you have any friends who post things in foreign languages on Facebook, but Juwon's stuff is all in Korean. Fortunately (Not only so I can understand, but b/c it is hilarious), you can use the "Bing Translator" to convert the posts to English...... though I am not sure it works that well.
Here are some examples......
From today.... "I bought the rods of the sixties, why the song-songwriting better?? Are done by one of the Tao, this must one ..;;;;;;;;;./;"
Or consider...... "use the social
security number records submitted by won 130 immigration and personal
information leakage prevention of damage caused today! ... ... ... ...
... ...I I;;;;"
Or the ever popular..... "Thanks to the next Cafe is, and all the
obscene ads by restraining Yen online games have their clothes Kerik .....Grateful for it;;"
Think about that for a while!
I am really going to miss Juwon..... but I think I am going to look forward to (sort of) reading his posts. :)
1 comment:
We have a Japanese friend and a Korean friend on facebook and ya - the translator comes up with some interesting things!
Post a Comment