Saturday, February 23, 2013

That isn't funny!

 File:Just For Laughs (UK TV series) Logo.jpg

An era has ended.  For more than 4 four years I have set my PVR to record the "Just for Laughs" comedy festival any time it was on.  I love watching "stand up".  It is amazing to me that a person can go on stage with nothing more than words and ideas and make a living... that is cool.  Sometimes it is vulgar and gets the quick "fast forward" button, but lots of times it is witty, insightful and just plain funny.






For example, one of my favorite guys, Greg Giraldo (who unfortunately died in 2010 and was a Harvard graduate) had this to say about 9/11......

"I live in New York and it is scary.  I mean.... every day my boy comes up to me and says, 'Daddy, why do the bad men hate us????  Why do the bad men hate us????'   That is sad isn't it...... because my son is 23 years old!!!!  I'm like.... 'I don't know... why don't you read a paper and form your own opinions!' What kind of a moron am I raising here?"  :)

Anyway, I have now recorded and re-record every "Just for laughs" ever made (5 times over) and so, the other day, I made the hard decision to set the PVR to "First run only".  No more reruns.... only new stuff.... and who knows when that will ever come out.

But the good news is that I have about 10 hours of really funny stuff saved up...... if you are ever bored and need a laugh.... I've got you covered.

No comments: