Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Anyone wanna go to the Isle of Man??????

3 comments:

Justin Mooney said...

That is crazy. At first I thought they must be speeding up the camera to make it look faster but when you watch the people, you can see it's not. I like it when the tourque of the Bike causes it to shake when it goes over a hill. Or when they slide off the bike and then hit the beach. Those were awesome.

Very scary. Let's go do it.

TKP said...

I know.... it is crazy hey? I saw a movie one time about a guy who was going to race there... he spent several months studying the course, riding a mountain bike around it (60 kms per lap) and just sitting at corners and staring at them trying to figure out the right line through them. You can see why though, hey? The record lap had an average speed of 131 mph..... so you better know where you are going between those stone walls and which turn you want to take.

In the morning before the races they let the public out on the course (which of course is just the roads around the island) and they can ride around... though not at a 131 mph average. Then they all go and sit by the road and watch the racers rip by all afternoon.

Look up some of the history of it. It is a super interesting (though very deadly race). Been going on since 1907.

Lets go! :)

jerms said...

wow!