Friday, December 13, 2013

I learned something today and a video

Today I learned that rocks are heavy (Not exactly a "scientific breakthrough" I know, but still something worth knowing).

Specifically, "1 inch thick Brazilian slate", as in the kind you find on a pool table, is heavy.

A buddy of mine bought a table and since I own him about 369048790 favors, I agreed to help him put it together today.

The first part was fun.... building the frame. Easy.... light.... nice!  The second part was good..... lunch!  The third part was where I should have left.

Who would think that it would take 4 guys (My buddy Dennis, me and two dudes who were at Dennis' house putting up a back splash in his kitchen) to carry a chunk of rock that is only 6 feet by 3 feet (the table is approximately 6 x 9 with the slate cut in 3 chunks), but it did!  Good thing it did not come as one entire sheet or he would have had to play pool in his garage (where the whole thing was unloaded by the trucker that hauled it to his house).

Many times I have said that Bible college should have offered courses in construction and furniture moving because I would have used those way more than I have used the Greek classes that I was forced to take.

That or at least they could have given us fake doctor's notes stating that we could not lift anything over 40 pounds..... one or the other.  :)
______________
Hey here is a song that I have heard on the radio a bunch recently but only just now looked up the video.   I like the words/idea of the song..... have a listen.


2 comments:

Justin Mooney said...

I am upset. I specifically said I wanted to be involved in the construction of the pool table and I wanted to lift heavy stuff. I never thought you would betray me in this manner. You are DEAD TO ME Mr. Pippus.

DEAD

TO

ME!!!!

TKP said...

You don't understand.... I owed Dennis.... OWED HIM I TELLS YA!!!! HE DIDN'T GIVE ME A CHOICE!!!! "Get you here and build this table or you are dead to me" he said.... what could I do????

I am dead if I do and dead if I don't! ;)