This story starts with a Christmas present..... a Keurig Elite coffee maker like this one....
All was happy in Keurig coffee land..... the girls loved the new machine and all the wonderful (?) brews it created. (The "?" is there because I would dispute how wonderful most of the brews are.... who needs a "French Mocha Highland Italian blend Africana Brazilian influenced Frappuccino"????? All I want is coffee! Hot coffee!!!)
After a year of bliss, the Keurig began to make strange sounds.... and then it just sat there and did nothing (Much like many husbands, right? Bah.... ha.... ha...... As if I have not heard that one before). :(
Anywho, Sari wrote a nice letter to the company pointing out that the machine was making sounds like an "Elephant Seal" (Seriously, she told them that) and that it was only making 1/2 a cup of coffee.
Within a day the company wrote back and said, "Your new machine is on its way - free of charge". Five days later.... new machine..... free of charge.
So, the moral of this story is either.... (A) Keurig coffee machines only last a year and then die... (B) Keurig is a good company that responds quickly with great customer service and stands behind their product..... (C) None of this would have happened if we had just stuck with the old coffee maker that made 67489674589794576 cups of coffee for less than the cost of one box of 18 Keurig cups.
I think the answer is either "B" or "C"..... but since I am impressed with Keurig's response I will vote "B" (just this one time). :)
2 comments:
I submit it is really D. They could carry less about the $ they get for selling the maker, the point is once they have suckered you into buying the thing you are forever and always (if you every want to use it) stuck buying the $1.25 per cup coffee thingys, the $ they make from the maker it just pure bonus
Ya we discussed that too. Better to send us a new machine, make us buy more and more cups for the thing and have us tell everyone how great they are than to have us get mad and give up altogether or go buy a Tassimo. Not completely just being nice that is for sure, but better than us having to buy another $100 + machine to use the cups that we already have.
So maybe not "C" or "D"... maybe "CD" or something else that I can't remember ... like "ADHD" :)
Post a Comment