Saturday, March 08, 2014

And you????????

We bought a huge bag of dog food today (For the record.... "yes" we have a dog...... so "no" this is not an announcement of our financial ruin). 

Every time I open a big bag of dog food and dump it into the "dog food tote", I think of Justin and Jen Mooney.

One time when we were hanging out at their place, they bought dog food.  Trying to be helpful, I offered to carry it in and dump it into their "tote".  I opened the one corner of the bag....  turned it over.... and watched as the entire top of the bag ripped open sending dog food everywhere.

And I mean everywhere!!!  It was all over the kitchen floor... under the stove.... behind the fridge.... I was standing in it up to my ankles..... In fact, I think the only place it did not go was into the tote.

I sometimes wonder if the people who live in that condo are still finding the odd bit of dog food in their kitchen.

And I always think of Jen and Justin when I open a new bag.

So.... what about you????  What has happened to you in the past that makes you think or act differently now?????  Respond in the comments section.

PS.  Here is one more from me:  When I go to the movies, I check for my wallet like 3469643674390 times (and not just because the girls are spending all my money.... ba dump bump!!!) but because once when I was a kid I was slouching on the seat and, somehow, my wallet slide out of my pocket and onto the floor (I forget how I got it back..... I think we had to go back and ask for it)..... anyway, now I am always very conscious of where my wallet is when I am at the movie..... but it only applies at the movies..... the rest of the time I don't think about it (Good thing I go to - like - 1 movie per year hey?)

Ok..... your turn.  Go!

1 comment:

Jen Mooney said...

I am honored that dog food makes you think of us :)