Tuesday, September 02, 2014

My unusual trip to the dentist

So I had to have a wisdom tooth removed today.  One of the top ones.  Supposedly, one of the "easy" ones (as compared to those on the bottom).  "Fifteen minutes... in and out and you will be done" said the dentist.
 
Well, he froze my jaw and then started at it.  He pulled.... and twisted.... and pulled..... and said "hmmm".  Then he asked for a different tool.  Then he pulled some more.

Finally, I could feel the tooth move.... it hurt a bit but I was glad it was coming out so it did not matter..... so he pulled.... and pulled.... and it kept coming out.... and out ..... and out.... it was like when a magician pulls a bunch of scarfs out of his sleeve or something.... they just keep going and going and going. 

Finally, it was out!  "I have seen bigger wisdom teeth before", he said, "but not many".  He told me that this one had 4 .... maybe 5 roots on it...... and then he said, "The good news is that it all came out at once..... the bad news is that I think it took some of the bone with it" (That won't hurt later tonight, will it???)

Anyway, before going to the appointment I asked Sari where our extra strength Tylenol was just in case I needed it after the freezing came out.

"Here" she said and handed me a bottle of Midol.  "It is in this bottle mixed in with the other stuff".

That was fine.... except for the fact that I never take pain medication and I did not think to ask her which pills were the Tylenol and which ones were the Midol.

The good news is that I have not had any real pain.... and after taking the pills my crampiness is completely gone too!!!

Overall, I feel great..... wait... no I don't!!!  Oh.... yes I am pretty sure I do.... now hold it..... is it hot in here all of a sudden..... I feel sort of funny.... like I want to go buy some shoes or something.

Oh well..... at least my tooth doesn't hurt!  :) 

No comments: