Sunday, August 23, 2015

Black Hills

We weren't going to go anywhere this summer.  We were just gonna stay home.  Then we decided on the spur of the moment to head down to the Black Hills.  Here is some of what we saw.

A couple of pictures from Spearfish Canyon....



There was a car show going on in Deadwood.....

Sara would drive this right now..... she really liked it.....

We ate outside lots.....

As part of the car show, Deadwood hosted a street concert featuring "The Rip Chords" (think "Beach Boys" 60s car music).  I grew up listening to them, so we had to go.


Of course, you have to go see these guys.....

Speaks for itself.....



We spent an afternoon at Pactola Lake. The girls swam.... too cold for me so I sat and read motorcycle magazines.

We had supper at a 50s diner.....
 Played the mini-golf course that was across from our hotel.....
 Sari liked this Bison.  They have ones on every corner in Custer... each painted in a different theme.... this one seems to be "Cowboy Hippy"

And after 2 previous trips to Custer, I finally got to go to the "Purple Pie Place".....

We also went to Jewel Cave... Hill City.... Keystone... we shopped some... we saw Crazy Horse.... and much more.  Tons of fun!

2 comments:

Lenny said...

Looks like fun but not nearly as cool as when there are 72873218 pictures of Motorcycles sitting in front of hotel, gas stations, waterfalls etc.

TKP said...

Motorcycles did come up in conversation a great deal as did the phrase, "When Lenny and I were here..."

I also took them to one of the many places where you bought a gas station hot dog.... we even looked at a few of them on the roller and I and challenged the girls to eat one in your honour.... sadly they declined!