Tuesday, December 19, 2006

The last day for the dog of black and white (almost)

So tonight we are out celebrating the festive time of year with friends and return home to what looked like an explosion all over the back yard. My good friend and neighbor had been Santa and left gifts for us at our back door. Now if you know nothing about Murphy our dog you will preface the rest of this story with this information. He has cost us at least $2,000 since his adoption into our family. Something that of course has endeared him to Tim. He rarely chews on anything and has stayed clear of all gifts even ones containing chocolate... SO in the debris of the torn gifts and ripped packages we found the remains of 12 lindor chocolates. All consumed by you know who. The girls began to cry (depending on the size of your dog and the amount and type of chocolate your dog can die within 24 hours of eating it) and so I began to look up what to do online. That was no help and so having an in with my vet ( I clean for them) I decided to call them. She advised me to give him a small amount of hydrogen peroxide to make him vomit and he did alot and so he is alive and puking. I won't even mention what he did in the yard later on. ewwwww! So if you are planning to be Santa the front door is an excellent way to get to our house or the chimney or the windows... :) What else could this beautiful season hold for us?????
S

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm really glad that he's ok. Maybe Bailey was his "eve" - "no Murphy - eating from the tree of chocolate doesn't really make you sick like they say" - evil dog. Anyway - I really am glad that he's alright. See ya soon.

Anonymous said...

Yikes- poor Murphy. Poor clean up crew! Hope that isn't the start of a crazy Christmas holiday fit for a movie or something!
Jenn

Anonymous said...

Glad he is ok! Poor dude. Nice christmas gift for him, nice christmas gift fpr you! oh well. These things happen. See ya guys!