Monday, April 13, 2009

Go Hawks


Well - we just picked our family hockey pool. My sister and her husband are the big pushes behind this and it is a lot of fun - when I win - which I am going to do b/c I took at grand total of 6 Blackhawks in my 16 player pool (doesn't sound like much I know - but when 8 people are picking 16 players - to get 6 from one team is a lot).

The best part of this is that the Hawks play my sister's favorite team - the Flames - in the first round - so it will make that round interesting anyway. :) One of us will be happy at the end anyway!

I have sort of been a closet Blackhawk fan for years - I have a couple of jerseys - so it is time to "come out of the closet" so to speak and stand up and cheer for them.

GO HAWKS! (Booooo Debbie!!!!!..... and Justin for that matter) :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your going down down down in a burning ring of fire...... This is our year man. Conroy for MVP (well maybe not) anyways GO FLAMES GO!!!!!!!!!


From your beloved sister:)

TKP said...

I think we need a bet of some sort Debbie - like the mayors of two big cities..... if the Flames win I must wear your Flames jersey and post a picture of it on my blog - if the Hawks win you were their jersey (I have two so you would have your choice of red or white - mind you I wear the white one for hockey a lot of the time so it may stink some.... it is your choice though). What do you say?

Jen Mooney said...

You Blackhawks band wagon jummping monkey loving lolly gagger. Did you not read that the Flames have recalled Anders Erikson. You are DOOMED!!!!

Once your blackhawks are bumped in 4 games, what team's bandwagon are you going to jump on next??

We as the Flames faithful will allow you to cheer for our team. Our arms are wide enough to accept all of God's children. Come into the warm embrace of winning. You have cheered for losers far too long (a.k.a. Leafs and Riders). You deserve to feel that hope that comes from actually winning.

Think about it.

Justin Mooney
Stamps and Flames All The Way

TKP said...

Oh Justin!!! You stopped taking your medication again, didn't you????? :(

Tell you what, after the Flames are knocked out in the first round (maybe even in 4 quick games), you will have lots of time to rest - and maybe the "bad voices" will stop too. :)

Anonymous said...

I accept your challenge. This is a dangerous bet for you I feel I must warn you. Dorian and I bet on the Philly, Calgary game this year, and of course Philly lost, and so he had to wear my jersey, so I feel I am on a role. I have five jersey's, so if you like I can e-mail you pictures so when Chicago loses you will know which want to wear. Can't wait to see your picture on your blog.

Deb