Sunday, December 06, 2009

Like some beautiful dream

It is a night that will live on in my memory forever....... the sights..... the sounds..... the colours...... the discounts!!!!!

Peavey Mart held their "Friends and Family" evening tonight and I was a "Friend" (at least I think that the manager is my "friend" and not a long lost cousin or something..... maybe that was his subtle way of breaking it to me... hmmm. Anyway.......)

You have to have a secret pass to get in(just like a secret agent - only instead of going to some foreign country you get to buy things from foreign countries - just about the same thing)...... and then the best words in retail.... "Employee pricing!!!!"

I saw grown men wandering around with their tongues hanging out as they tried to calculate (in their heads) what "20% off the last ticketed price" on that Plasma cutter is....... "Hmmm - 9 carry the 7........ well - it is cheaper than the rest of the year" - that is about all we needed to know.

So - I ran into several buddies over there and tried to talk them into buying some big ticket items based on the logic that....

1) When it is a percentage sale, the more you spend the more you save (so it is only smart to spend more) and

2) I may need to know someone who has that tool so that I can borrow it in the future (though that fact did not really seem to sway many of them one way or the other for some reason).

So in the end they had to pull most of us out of there kicking and screaming and holding onto the door jams (some ridiculous thing about the workers needing to go home to their families... or something).

So at the end of this most glorious night, I spent a lot of money....... but think about how much I saved by getting it on sale (isn't that what the women say all the time?????)

No comments: