Sunday, April 11, 2010

Why Not Minot????


Ok - so I have not been a good blogger lately - I will try to remedy that this week. Part of the problem is the "No pressure" aspect of not having to blog every day. No commitment = no writing... but I will see what I can do.

The other issue is that we went away for three days and I was completely "computer free" - in fact, I had a total "computer-ectomy" (Something that - having survived the procedure - I would recommend to everyone once in a while). I did not touch a computer... I did not look at a computer... I did not even sit down in front of the free one at the hotel.... nothing! And guess what???? Contrary to popular belief - the world did not stop spinning.... I did not really lose any "quality of life" by not knowing every time one of Sari Facebook friends blew their nose..... NOTHING BAD HAPPENED!!!! (Spread the word!!!!!!)

In fact, some really nice things happened.....

- We went to Minot for a few days (more in a moment) and just relaxed! It was great! I even enjoyed wandering around the mall (which I normally HATE!!!!) I guess that is what happens when you get trapped in town for like 8 straight months - it makes you appreciate freedom!

- On the way down, we took a detour over to Newtown so that the girls could see the big lake/bridge etc. They whined about it a bit.... "Lets just go to Minot" - but in the end they were really impressed and had a lot of fun looking around (Sari even got "Whooped" at by a passing car as we walked a trail by the highway - nice hey?) :)

- In Minot we just hung out, shopped, ate out - I went to motorcycle shops - nothing intense - but really really nice. Good just to hang out together with nothing to do.

- I even brought out "the special wallet" (The is a quote from a Scottish comedian we saw one time who said, "I bought ice cream cones for the kids.... note the plural.... two cones... because when I am on holiday I bring out the 'Special wallet'")...... so we ate ice cream at this 1950's dinner place (some one told us the shakes were good)..... we went to a 3-D movie (the girls really liked that.... and we got some "cool" glasses out of the deal)...... the girls bought enough stuff to load the whole back of the van (When i got home I realized I should have spend more on myself - just in "self-defense")

- I did buy three NASCAR coats though.... regularly $60 - 80 dollars ...... on sale for $5 each (I did not even need the special wallet for those ones). They are not teams that I particularly like so I may just give them away.... but $5!!!!! I could not just leave them there.

But the best was just being there together. We laughed and hung out and stayed up too late and slept in too long and drank too much coke and ate too much chocolate..... and it was great! I am looking forward to summer holidays now..... and to the next weekend getaway. Hopefully it will not be another 8 months away.

1 comment:

KTPippus said...

Glad you guys enjoyed your trip. I have to admit, I'm a wee bit jealous of the time you have spent there over the past few years (but not in a bad way!). It was such a huge part of our lives during the 6years Kurt and I lived there, and now we've hardly been there at all. Funny how life works out like that, hey? So, we're glad you're taking care of the place for us and keeping us up-to-date on how things have changed! Thanks! ;-)