Friday, January 14, 2011

An Apology to Can Trash

I, like most Canadians, make fun of Canadian Tire. We call it "Can Trash" or "Canadian Junk" or other names not suitable to be recorded on a family blog.

Now, I will admit that one of my favorite events of the week is looking through the new Canadian Tire flyer, but even that has not stopped me from making fun of the place... until now.

You see, I made a mistake (Hard to believe, I know, but go with me on this one for a minute). My truck needed a new radiator and Canadian Tire happened to have them on sale this week (20% off), so I thought, "I will get one Friday morning". The "mistake" part = the sale ended Thursday night.

I was mad! That was going to cost me an extra $60! Sixty bucks because I did not get there before Thursday night??? Seriously???? Surely someone with a half a brain could figure out that I should not be penalized just because I did not happen to show up for my "sale item" while it was actually "on sale".... I mean - come on!!! (Yes I do realize too that someone with half a brain could have read the flyer properly and got there when the sale was on... but that is not the point of this story).

Fortunately, the nice man at the parts counter looked it up the rad I needed, brought it out and said, "I think we can give it to you for the sale price".

Therefore, I will not call it "Can Tra.." again (at least for a week anyway). :)


PS. The rad is in, the truck has been test driven and it looks like it is good to go. Yaaaayyyy!!!

PPS. Here is a video that I saw the other day... it has nothing to do with anything that I have been saying, it is just worth seeing.

No comments: