I know that I went back to the office one Wednesday, but in some ways today was my first real day back from holidays.
Yes - I have heard all the "Preachers only work one day per week - and only 1/2 of that" jokes.... but in some ways there is some truth to the fact that Sunday is "the big day". Much of what I do all week long focuses on the things that will happen on Sunday - lessons, classes, etc. So - while weekdays are busy.... nothing matches the adrenaline rush (or lack thereof if I am tired and worn out) of Sunday.
And guess what.... I enjoyed it!
I was nice to be back. It was nice to see everyone (it seemed that many felt the same way as we had lunch at the building and at 2 pm there was still a approximately 40 people hanging around and visiting). Class was fun to teach and the discussion was very good. The sermon went well. A service and visiting at one of the nursing homes was nice.... topped off by a hockey game with a buddy.... it was a nice day.
Many times it is hard to come back after being away.... it is easy to be selfish on holidays and think only about yourself and it is tempting to stay like that.... but today was a good reminder that I like being here.... I like the people here.... I like what I do..... it was a good first day back.
No comments:
Post a Comment