Thursday, November 03, 2011

We have furniture (29 of 30)

Thanks to my friend Shane (who helped me load and unload 11 separate pieces today), we now once again have (some) furniture in the basement again.

I am thankful and happy to get the space back, but I HATE putting the furniture together.  Any furniture.... take the piece that in the diagram looks like an elephant's trunk and then stick it (somehow) into the other piece that looks somewhat like a stop sign on its side while holding the screwdriver and the hammer that you will need.  Oh and by the way, the stuff is made so that no screw will actually (a) fit or (b) stay.   ENJOY!!!!

As a comedian I heard one time said, "I hate IKEA furniture.... and I hate working with my wife to put it together.  We always fight... no one can understand the instructions.... someone is always crying at the end.  IKEA's slogan should be 'Hope your marriage is stronger than our furniture!'"   :)

Anyway - with any luck the kids will be downstairs again in a week or so (we are waiting on a few more pieces) and maybe the family room will be ready for a "Grey Cup party".  
_____
Hey - since I got no response to this, I am posting it again (I will not argue, laugh or criticize.... or even use anything you say in a sermon.... I am just curious:

1.  How many movies do you watch on average (either per month or per year)?

2.  What was the first record/CD/Album/8-track/45 (whatever era you are from) that you ever bought?

3.  What was the first real concert you attended?
___
T-shirt.....
Goodnight!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you just going to leave it at 29 of 30?