Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Random thoughts and real news

Is it a bad sign when your dentist knows you by your first name?  I don't mean like when you are in his office and he looks at your chart and says, "Ok Tim, how are you today?"   I mean like when you are at the hockey game and he walks by you at the concession and says, "Hi Tim".

Now don't get me wrong.... my dentist is a nice enough guy, but we are not buddies or anything.  And, to be fair, it is a small town and there are not that many preachers in it, so people tend to at least sort of know who I am.

But this was just a little weird!  I mean, I think I saw him wink when he said, "Hi Tim"..... you know that wink that says, "I am looking at buying a new boat this summer and I think you are going to make that a little easier on me".   In other words, he seemed just a little too happy to see me.  It was as if he had just seen his personal cash cow!!!  D'oh!

And then - after he left - I got the chills...... it was sort of like seeing the Grim Reaper and living to tell about it.  Good think I actually don't mind the guy.... think what it would be like if I didn't.
_____
On the way to the office today, I heard a story on the CBC about a curling bonspiel that is for preachers only.  It is called "The Friar's Brier".  The story went on to talk about the fact that it gets guys together from all over the country, that it is good for making new friends across denominational lines and that it gives the guys a fun event to look forward to.  That is all great..... but I think that they missed the best line of the whole story.

They should have pointed out that they all WALK ON WATER!!!  Bah ha ha!!!!   Get it????? Water.... curling ice...... preachers...... Jesus........  Hello????  Is this on?????  Hello???????? (tap tap)

Oh never mind!
_______
On to real news.....

- We celebrated a 16th birthday in our house this past weekend.  As I said to Katelyn on Saturday.... "I remember the day you were born.  I came home to our old house after a long night at the hospital and crashed on the couch.  I hit the stereo and a song called 'God has smiled on me' came on"...... at that point in my story I got at little teary eyed and choked up..... so I turned to her and said, with choking voice..... "I really miss that couch!"....... We both laughed for 10 minutes straight!  :)

- Sadly, Megan's B-ball season has come to an end.  It was a lot of fun watching her play and improve so much over the past few years.  I am going to miss going to the games and I am going to miss having kids that wear the "Hillcrest" uniform, but it was fun while it lasted.

So there you go...... some things to think about or to try to forget.  Have a good week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought we got along great. If that is how you feel, I will stop reading your silly blog.

Sincerely,

Your Dentist.

PS - See you at your next appointment.

TKP said...

Oooh - I was worried that was going to happen. D'oh! :)