So I came out of the leisure centre tonight after playing squash with Paul and I saw these two very bright "stars" in the western sky. I figured that they had to be planets but I did not know which ones so I looked them up and they are Jupiter and Venus.
For the month of March they are visible in the western sky for at least four hours after sundown and look like this.......
As an added bonus..... turn to the southeast portion of the sky and you can see a big red dot.... that is Mars.
It is just cool to me that you can easily pick out three planets like that.... they look like nothing else up there.... you cannot miss them.
Ooooh.... then lLook down and you will see one more planet.... earth.... unless it is too dark. :)
Go have a look.... this will not happen for a while again. If you would like to know more, google a sky chart for your area or read about it here

2 comments:
I wondered what those two 'big stars' were! thanks for informing me. Made me sound smart when I explained it to my kid!
Your father-in-law had also seen and mentioned them the other night. Good to know you are both keeping your heads up...and your eyes alert.
Post a Comment