Saturday, December 29, 2012

Thirty Blogs in about thirty days (Again)

In an effort to make me blog (and thereby single-handedly save blogs from extinction... since so many are abandoning theirs) I am attempting to post something on here on a consistent basis for the next month or so (give or take.... it is the holidays after all). 

So get us started - a recap of a few of the events of the past few days......

- Christmas:  We had a lovely time in Dauphin.  Lots of food.... lots of relaxing.... lots of good traditions (sleigh rides).... a little too cold to go sledding but it was nice all the same.  Maybe about a day or two too short, but very nice.

- Since coming home we have done..... nothing.  Well, that is not totally true.  I did fix my snowblower (for $5 in parts) and I bought a new block heater for my truck (Not installed yet).  Katie's boyfriend is in town for the week, so we are sort of just hanging out and it has been fun.  Usually I hate being at home over holidays (I only have 6 weeks a year to be away from Estevan, right, so why would I want to be here?) but it has been good.  We have stayed up too late... slept in a lot.... we have been reading.... and we went sledding today (I will post pics of that sometime in the next few days.... lets just say though that I don't remember sledding hurting this much when I was just a little younger).

- Sari and I have been playing Scrabble the last couple of nights..... our annual winter tournament.  I would post the score to date but I have the sneaking suspicion that Sari threw a game in there.... I was getting mad (or "pouting" as some would call it) at some of the bogus words she was playing.... and suddenly she went in the tank and I was leading.  So either she stopped cheating and then could not keep up.... or she tossed the game so that I would be happy.  Either way.... I won so...... :)

- Here are a couple of pics just for fun. 

- Definitely not one of the "Wise Men".... (In fact, I think he misses on both counts... neither a "man" nor....) :)



-  Not sure who took this.... but I like it

- Sari with some of her Christmas stuff

 - The girls demonstrating what we have done most of the week (More accurately if they had about 12 pounds of food stuffed into their faces)  

- Evidence of a chilly winter's walk in the outback

- Snowshoeing is always popular

 - And, finally, as always, we live with blessings and .......
And I "hope" that someone still reads this thing and will come back for the next 30 days or so.  :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tim ... Enjoyed reading your blog, and bookmarked it (again!) so I can come back to read again ... Happy New Year to you & Sarah & girls!