Friday, June 09, 2017

Umm - what now?

Preparing for an upcoming camping trip, I went to Canadian Tire where I saw this.....


It is a package of sticks!!! And look at the price tag above it......

1. Compare the size of that little tag to that bundle of sticks and you will realize that the bundle is not very big and ......

2.  Someone is making a killing on sticks!   $9.49 for a pile of sticks that is smaller than what falls off my tree in the front yard on any given night???  What sort of tree-less concrete jungle do you live in if you can't find a handful of sticks outside????   For that matter, where are you going camping that you can't find kindling and have to buy it at Canadian Tire??????

Then I thought that there must be something special about these sticks.... that they had been doused in some chemical to make them burn better or something.  NOPE!  The side of the box actually says, "All natural fire starters!" 

So here is what I am gonna do..... I am going to stand in Canadian tire - right beside this display - with a slightly bigger bundle of sticks and sell them for $8.

I may have just found my retirement fund!

1 comment:

jerms said...

just got back from our annual June trip. this year we went down through plentywood to sidney, glendive and wibaux to see some craft microbreweries and then camped just outside Medora. which is a really cool spot if you have never been. then we came back up north through 16 and the grasslands to watford city, and then back south through teddy roosevelt national park, over to killdeer and up to new town where we camped again. yesterday was a long 700km day to get back to saskatoon in some pretty ridiculous cross winds. but all in all, the trip was great. saw lots of very cool stuff, slept out under the stars and got just over 2000km in total. will take a few days to recover. getting old over here!