We have a water cooler at our house, which means that every couple of weeks I have to go to the store and fill the water jugs.
Every time I do this, I think to myself, "My Grandfather - and certainly my great-grandfather - would think I am a total moron right now!" You see, they had to haul water all the time and they dreamed of living in a house with running water. Now I do live in a house with running water and I am still hauling water.
The reality of how nice it is to have hot and cold running water came home to us in a different way yesterday when the main water line for our entire subdivision broke yesterday afternoon. About a hundred houses and a school were left without water.
It is shocking how many times we turn on a tap in a day. This really comes home to you when - for the 4869784397389th time - you have turned on a tap that does nothing but gurgle at you.
However, all is well this morning. We woke up to running water again and we were super happy to have it. If you did too, you may want to take a second to think about how even the little things that you take for granted are very nice.
Sometimes, you don't what you got until it is gone.

No comments:
Post a Comment