Sunday, May 31, 2009

It is coming!!! (and "How Cool am I now?" - Read "PS" at the bottom)

Summer is coming..... and so is our back yard.

The back yard was completely destroyed last year in the "Garage Building Project" - so it is now in rehab (and doing quiet nicely I might add).

How do I know that summer is coming???? Well, by the appearance of the pool in the back yard. Our kids (and 1/2 the neighborhood kids) lived in this thing 2 years ago (it did not get put up last summer - see "Garage Project" above). The kids were so happy about seeing it again today that they started "swimming" in it when there was less than 3 inches of water in it (Yes - they are that desperate).

Our new, higher fence and the garage make it much more private than it was so that is nice too. Anyone wanna come by for a swim???????

(Not the best pictures - taken at the end of the day in the shadows - but you get the idea.... and I am sure this is not the last you will see of the back yard this summer)



PS. The air conditioning on my truck quit this past week so I re-charged it myself!!! Had to jump the "low pressure switch" (thank you internet for the info on how to do that) - added the refrigerant - everything works - $50 for the starter kit and $15 dollars for more stuff after that! You can't even get into a garage to have them look at it for less than $90 - and now I have the stuff to keep filling it till it dies completely!

If you have read previous posts and comments, you will remember that there has been a debate about how "cool" (or not cool) I am now that I am 40..... so how cool am I that I fixed my own a/c????? In my truck I am freezing cold (for $50!!!!) - that is how cool I am! :)

2 comments:

Jen Mooney said...

Love it!! Can I come?

Anonymous said...

Hey, we just bought a pool too and are in the process of leveling to put it up. Do you heat yours in any way? We are going to try black hose and maybe a solar cover. Are you happy with it? Any advice? Ours is the salt water system - hope it is worth it! The kids can't wait! Happy swimming
Charla