So those of you who read this thing once in a while will remember my heartbreaking story about the bike lock that I was going to use to lock my motorcycle helmet to the bike (if you don't know the tragic details, stop, read the post below and come back).
Anyway - tonight I went and got the lock and in less than 5 minutes I picked it..... and guess what???!!! The word that I was trying to use and thought was right.... wasn't even close!! Not one letter was right. Not one!!!
I think what happened is that I was going to buy a lock with a certain word as the combination and then I ended up leaving it there. When I went back, it was gone and so I was stuck with a different word... but I still remembered the first word (Is this all making sense??? Do you even care????)
All that to say this.....
1. I saved myself $8 (because I do not have to buy a new lock).... EIGHT BUCKS!!!
2. I am now 2 for 2 picking bike locks (the one from when I was a kid and now this one)
Apparently it is good to have some criminal genes in your past after all. :)
PS. I know what you are thinking.... if YOU picked the lock in 5 minutes how secure is anything that you lock to your bike (like a helmet or a coat) going to be???? Well, I figure most people aren't going to stand there trying to pick a lock in broad daylight with a bunch of people watching them.... and if they do, well... meh.... you can have it.
PPS. There are actual important and maybe even interesting things happening in our lives (beyond motorcycle related bike locks).... I promise I will report some of those thing soon.... stay tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment