Tuesday, May 08, 2012

D'oh (times 2)





So, after less than a week of "new to us" vehicle ownership, our Acadia is headed to the Car Hospital because it is hemorrhaging anti-freeze.

I think the technical term for it is that it has "puked a water pump".

The good news is that the dudes who sold it to us said, "Get it fixed and send us the bill" so she goes in tomorrow morning. 

That is d'oh #1.
_______
D'oh #2.......

I was sitting in my office today when the phone rang (shaking me into a state of consciousness so suddenly that I almost fell out of my chair).  The voice on the other end of the line got my attention very quickly.

"Hey Tim, this is Tammy from Dr. Blischak's office" (my dentist).

"Aaaaacccckkkkkkk!" I screamed, but she did not react, so I asked, "Did I just scream 'Aaaaaackkkk' in your ear?"

"No"

"Whew!"  Then I thought, "What is the deal here?????  My dentist is tracking me down at my office????  What sort of crazy, psycho, bird dog tracking guy is this?????   Is he gonna start following me around???? Am I going to have to check behind the shower curtain to make sure he is not hiding in there waiting to jump out, grab me and drag me off for my yearly check-up???????  IF I WANT TO HIDE FROM YOU PAIN INDUCING, DRILL-WIELDING CRAZY PEOPLE.... I SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO!!!!!!"  (Fortunately, most of that I kept to myself).

"Tim, could you guys at your church use a big box of toothpaste?", Tammy asked.

I was wondering where this was going..... and who in the congregation had bad enough breath that the local dentist was offering to send free toothpaste over (Though I had a few guesses).  "Maybe I should see if they have any free deodorant too", I thought (but that is a completely different rant having nothing to do with the church).

"I was told that you guys give stuff away at your church and I was wondering if you would be interested in giving away free toothpaste.  If you want some, come by the office and I will give you a big box full".

So, in the end it turned out that the dentist was being super nice and he was not out to hurt me, make me cry or terrify me.   Imagine that!  

But the words, "Hey Tim, this is Tammy from Dr. Blischak's office" still make me shudder.  :)

No comments: