Friday, November 09, 2012

A Snowy Winter Weekend



It seems that we are getting "Snow-mageddon" here tonight and guess what???  I am happy about it.  Why?  Well......


   -  The snow will force us to stay home some.  Though I know our lives are not as crazy as some (if I had to live some people's lives I know, I will kill someone in the first minute just to have the luxury of relaxing in jail for a few years with no other commitments), we have been going here and there (even if it is just in town) and so it will be nice to be at home with everyone.

   -  I have the day off work today (Friday), the kids are off school (parent-teacher interviews) and Sari is taking part of the day off.... see point 1.

   -  I am looking forward to "parent-teacher interviews".  Granted, at the Comp they are a little different b/c you just go speak to the home room teacher and they generally know nothing about how your child is doing in their various classes b/c they do not teach them but.... (a) My girls - thanks to their mom - are generally nice and sweet and make good impressions on people, so interviews are always easy and (b) I like being at the High School.  There is an energy or vib there that I really like.  Any time I have gone there to help with stuff, I am always impressed with the kids and the staff.... I think I am going to have to find more ways to get involved up there.

   -  I got to take my girl on a date last night.... something that does not happen enough (see point 1).  We also do not go to many movies (mostly b/c they are garbage 1/2 the time and b/c I normally can't commit 3 hours of my life to some story I don't care about), but since we don't go often - when we do it seems like a big deal.... and it was nice.

   - I have to change oil in the SUV today.  While that may not sound like a good/fun thing, it actually is b/c that means I get to use my garage.  After years and years of changing oil in the snowbanks, a heated garage with a stereo blasting still feels super luxurious and I am more thankful for it than anyone knows.  A simple dream come true, but a good one. 

   -   I have a stack of motorcycle books and magazines sitting by my favorite chair just waiting for me.  What better way to spend a snowy afternoon?  If you can't ride, at least you can drink coffee, read and dream right?  And then there are all the bike accessory books on top of that!

   -  I won Bruin tickets on the radio today!!  That story is made even better by the fact that my daughters still like going to games with me and are not ashamed to be seen in public with their Dad (a curse that many Dads have had to endure over the years).

   -  I have a couple of good buddies coming over to watch the Rider game Sunday afternoon.  Whether that will turn out well or not remains to be seen, but it will be fun hanging out with the guys and eating hot wings anyway (Hot wings make everything better, right?)

    -  And in there somewhere, I will also plan to get outside and walk/play in the snow.  It will be lovely - even if I have to shovel it (More lovely if I can use the snow blower and save my back)

So there you go..... a perfect looking weekend from where I stand..... not flashy.... not expensive.... not over the top..... but I am really looking forward to it b/c it will be about being with people I want to be with.... doing a few things I want to do.... and enjoying what I have rather than stressing about what I don't have or would like to have.

And what could be better than that?


1 comment:

SRL said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend! Enjoy!