
If you read the previous post, you will know that I was looking forward to this long weekend for various reasons.... not all of which turned out as planned........
1. Parent/teacher interviews on Friday...... the interviews went well.... teachers were happy.... marks were good..... kids are nice. The issue: The kids were "missing in action". In fact, they were delivering magazines to raise money for their choir trip later in the year, so they missed the interviews and the "Happy interview day" lunch that we planned.
2. The Bruins game that night was fun..... no big issue here other than the storm and getting there and back
3. Speaking of the storm.... spent two or three hours snow blowing on Saturday only to have the drive belt on the auger break just as I was finishing. Bought a new belt.... took the front off the SB to install it..... 2 hours later (with some help from Sari) I got the thing back together. The front fell down and I could not get it all lined up properly again.... long story short: It is working now but a job that should have been 20 minutes was significantly longer (still thankful for a garage to work in.... I highly recommend it to working outside in the snow) :)
4. Sunday morning was nice..... then in the afternoon I had some good buddies over to watch the Rider game. The company was fun..... the hot wings were good..... the game was interesting...... the result........ :(
5. I had a late night coffee date with my preaching buddy Jason Bandura.... he was in town so I met him at 9 pm for coffee at Tim Horton's and we closed the place down (Mind you, in this town - b/c of lack of staff - TH closes at 11pm so it was not that late but.....)..... then we went cruising until midnight. Two preachers, without their wives, hopped up on coffee...... LOOK OUT!!!!! WWWOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! :) (Actually it was really nice to see him. Good visit)
6. Now I am waiting for it to warm up so I can go out and do some more Sblowing..... Katie and Sari are painting at the church building for a few hours..... Megan is just hanging out and trying to catch up on sleep.... maybe I will rope Sari into a "Scrabble" game later.....
7. So far, my motorcycle books and magazines have been left untouched and unread. :(
Now - I hope you don't think I am whining, b/c I am not..... It has still been a good weekend. It is just that things have not gone quite as planned..... still good.... just not as planned.
I hope your weekend has been good..... and remember.... if you have to take your snow blower apart - support the auger end before you undo the bolts...... you will thank me later. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment