Monday, May 26, 2014

A week of blogs - in bits

Ok - so lots has been going on in our lives.... I am going to blog about it in bits so that you do not get overwhelmed with a bunch of stuff.  So check back often..... here we go......

Last Thursday night Sari's school division had a big supper out at Lampman (a half hour away) so she decided it would be fun to rent a 15 passenger van and take a whole crew of people.  I drove and it was like the church joy bus only replace the screaming kids with laughing adults. 

We really had a lot of fun.  There were more people from Hillcrest there than anywhere else (or so it seemed anyway) and we were cheering for anyone from the school who did anything.... whether they got their 5, 10 or 20 year service award, or when they won a door prize, or even if they just found their way back to the table after going to the bathroom (it was a long way away) - we cheered and had a good time.

Sorry - no pics from this event - but a good time was had by all.  I like the Hillcrest people - they are fun!
___________
Then on Friday all the girls were in school and it was like 32 degrees outside.  The nicest day of the year so far, so what was the only logical thing to do?  Jump on my motorcycle and ride two and half hours one way to Moose Jaw for lunch of course.  I met my Mom, Step-dad, brother and sister. Why would I do that, you ask?  Why not????

It was super hot (I was all geared up in my jacket and riding pants etc) but it was a lot of fun.  Here are a few pictures.....

Of course this is the set of "Corner Gas" in Rouleau. This was as close as I could get because they were already started with renovations for the big movie that is being shot there, so they had signs up that said "Keep out" so I did.



This here is just another shot sort of looking back the other way - just because......



And this..... is another story.  A buddy of mine from Germany stopped by the other day and said, "Come see what I have for you".  When I went outside he said, "I haver come to for sale you my bike".  I told him about a year ago that I might be interested in it as a project bike and then he just showed up with it.  He seemed so happy about selling it to me that I felt like I could not say "no" so I bought it.

It was not running, but got it going the other day.  The front brake caliper was seized but I got that working tonight..... so it is coming along.  Give me a month and it will be ready to sell.  So, if you know of anyone who may be interested in a 1980 CX500 (it is old enough to be licensed as an antique.... $140 PER YEAR!!!) let me know.  It is going to need a good home.

So there you go.... round one of blogging.  I have lots more stories to tell, but I will save them for tomorrow night.  Check back then.  :)




No comments: