Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Add a Fonzi... subtract a Summer... throw in a university tour... something concerning.... and "this guy" = a summary of our week

 Random observations from the past week.....

1.  Add a Fonzi... subtract a Summer:  Megan got one step close to being a real driver this week as we put plates on Fonzi (her truck).  That also means that I had to park Summer (my truck)  Why is my tuck called "Summer", you ask?  Well - I don't know!  Why do people name their kids Blanche???  Actually, we bought her, in part, to pull our camper in the summer... hence "Summer".

I will be riding my motorcycle soon, so I don't need my truck.  When it rains, I will take Megan's and she can ride with her sister.  So we are all happy about this...


2.  University tour:  We did all the registration stuff with Katelyn and had a look around and now we all feel much better.  The university is not nearly as big as I thought (I had never really been on campus before) and it is well organized and easy to figure out. Signing up for classes was a bit of a nightmare as most classes are offered like 5 different times throughout the week, so you have to pick the ones you want and make sure that they do not conflict with other things you want.... it literally took us 2 hours and several tries to get it right.... but I think we are good now.


Katie is going to stay with our good friends Jen and Justin.... they were super good to us and we really happy that she is going to be staying at a place that has been a second home to us and to her since she was little.... that will make the transition a lot easier.... though she is a little concerned about Justin wanting her to call him "Your Highness" all the time.... I think it is a reasonable demand!

3. Something concerning:  Going into "A and W" the other day, I held the door for this dude who was coming in behind me.  He looked at me and said, "Hey, Tim!  How are you doing?  Staying out of trouble??"   I looked at him and said, "Hey..... ya sure!  How are you??"   I HAD NO IDEA WHO HE WAS!  So when I sat down with the guys, I asked if any of them knew him.  Nope!

Then tonight I decided to walk to Bible study (just because it was nice out) and I was standing at the corner by the Mohawk gas station waiting on a light when a guy yells out of a white four door GMC truck.... "Hey Tim.... wanna ride???"   I yell back, "No thanks!  I am good!"   I HAVE NO IDEA WHO THAT WAS EITHER! (I could not see against the setting sun...)

So, that leads to only one logical conclusion...... I HAVE ALZHEIMER'S!

If you can help on either count.... if you know who has a white truck and saw me walking.... or if you were stalking me and watching me go into the "A and W" with some dude.... well, wait, on that one - maybe don't tell me.  GET HELP!!!  My life is not interesting enough to have you following me around. 

4.  This is so gonna happen:    If my kids have a wedding dance.... this is so gonna be me.... only with WAY better moves!  You have been forewarned!!!



PS.  I saw several of these.... some of them started with the Dad and Daughter dancing to the old Motown song "My Girl"..... (I am not going to cry..... I am not going to........)..... Stupid song!

Have a good week!

4 comments:

Justin Mooney said...

If Katie starts calling me "Your Highness" we are going to have a problem.

I was very clear. I should be address as "Your Lordship".

Make sure she gets it right.

TKP said...

Hmmm... see I knew that didn't sound right when I wrote it.... I should have taken better notes! :)

Anonymous said...

Tim,

We talked about your memory problems yesterday. Have you been taking your medicine?

It was good to see you at A&W too btw.

TKP said...

Whoa! That just freaked me out!!!! I am soooo confused!!!!! :(

Good thing I will forget about this soon! :)