So, I think I set a "preaching first" this morning.
I was asked to do the "Sunrise Service" for the "Canadian Cancer Society's Relay for Life", so I arrived at about 5:20 am and walked the track with the girls for a while.
Then they announced, "The church service will start in 5 minutes" so I went to the stage and waited. As I waited on stage to get things going, the DJ was blasting "Rebel Yell" by Billy Idol. When it ended, I started.
Now I am not sure.... no, check that.... I am absolutedly positive that no one in the history of the world has used "Rebel Yell" as their lead up to preaching.
Maybe it should be my new thing.... my theme song.... and maybe I should dress like Billy in the picture above. Thoughts? :)
4 comments:
I've always thought you looked like Billy Idol. Well, the thought never crossed my mind, I'm trying to encourage your new vision! Go Timmy Idol Go!
If I am going to do that, I need to buy more leather.... and more hair (there was a time when I could have done that... not now!) :)
It was a bizarre sort of thing to say the least.
I'm not sure if the change would be noticeable. WO
Oh wow! That is really great! You should use this as your theme song. Get some dry ice for smoke too before you walk in...:D
Awesome!
Post a Comment