Friday, January 09, 2015

My New TV Show

Sari and I like watching a TV show called "House Hunters International" mostly because we get to see a bunch of different places in the world. 

Interestingly, most of the people on that show end up saying something like this.... "We are moving to _________ (fill in the blank) because we want a slower pace of life and more family time".

That is a great thing!  I am all for "slower pace" and "more family time"..... and so I have come up with an entirely new TV show..... it is going to be called "House Havers".

The premise of "House Havers" will be simple..... I show you the house that you currently live in and then...... wait for it....... you DON"T MOVE ANYWHERE AND YOU SIMPLY DECIDE TO SPEND MORE TIME WITH YOUR FAMILY!!!!!

I know... it is a crazy concept.... but here is the thing..... it will save you tens of thousands of dollars in moving costs.... you will not have to look for a new job..... you will still have the same friends that you have had for years..... and you will be happier.

My part in the show will be to come in and say "Stop it" until you have time to spend with your family. 

Are you running your kids to 93469684938690438 activities????  Stop it!!!  If you lived in Bolivia your child would likely not attend "Advanced Oboe class" so why bother with it here???? 

Are you running out to see the latest movie every other night???? Stop it!!  If you lived in the outback of Australia, you would probably go watch the sunset instead of a movie (and here is a hint..... the sun sets here too..... EVERYDAY!!!).

The tagline to my show will be.... "You can live a slower pace wherever you are!" 

And then I will take the moving costs that you saved and call it my "consulting fee" so that I can move to some exotic place with a slower pace of life and enjoy more time with my family.  :)

Who wants to be first?????

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is the best idea ever!

Anonymous said...

You could also romanticize all the things arund where people already live the way that we romanticize living in the French Riviera or on the beaches of Costa Rica. Like poniting out the beauty of what already exists even if its a stretch.
ie- the majestic peaks of the estevan spill piles :)
KP

TKP said...

Oh for sures (as Jean Chretien would say)..... I would spend a great deal of time pointing out all the beautiful things about where people live. After all... "You cannot see what you need until you see what you have!" (I just made that up.... but it sounds right... right?) :)

Anonymous said...

Agreed. Isn't there a quote about you must travel to come home and find what you were looking for? :-)

Anonymous said...

Have you ever seen the youtube clip of Bob Newhart Stop it. You should look it up. LS

TKP said...

I have seen that... in fact I thought about it as I wrote the "stop it" part. It is good.