You know those times when you scare someone so badly that they think you are a raging lunatic who is coming after them to hurt them really badly?????
You don't?????
Oh - me neither! :)
Well - actually that may have happened to me today.
I was sitting on my motorcycle at the corner by the church building. I got the green light, but like every good biker, I waited. You always wait because you need to make sure the vehicles that have the red light are actually going to stop.
The big truck in the closest lane stopped..... but the young girl in the white Malibu in the far lane did not.
About 1/2 way through the intersection, she looked up and realized what she had done, but by then it was too late. She could not stop and just kept going.
At this point, I did the only logical thing I could do..... I blared my horn (as much as a motorcycle horn blares) at her. This got her attention and she looked over at me as she cleared the intersection. I raised my hands in a "What are you doing?" sort of way.
Now here is the thing..... I was intending on making a right turn anyway - so that is what I did. Unfortunately, this put me about 1/2 a block behind the white Malibu going the same direction.
The driver must have seen me coming and she must have assumed that I was upset, because she suddenly sped up and took off.
She made a right turn by "Room by Room" furniture..... unfortunately for her, I was needed to make that turn too, so I was still following her.
She sped up even more and ripped around the corner by SARCAN and I lost sight of her for a second.
By the time I made the SARCAN corner, she was gone. All I could see was this huge dust cloud that she made as she ripped down the next alley. I slowed down when I got there, but she was no where to be found. She was probably hiding in a backyard somewhere hoping that she had given me the slip.
So if you happen to know a young girl who drives a white Malibu who swears that she was chased through the streets of Estevan by a crazed lunatic on a black motorcycle..... tell her that the story is only partially true.
And then tell her to stop running red lights.... just in case!
No comments:
Post a Comment